Join Our Commercial Strategy Team
Based in San Francisco, SmithRx was founded in 2016 to create a technology-driven and cost-competitive pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) that offers clients a flexible, customer-centric product. “Our focus is on building the next generation pharmacy benefits partner that enables choice, aligns incentives, and surfaces insights to improve care delivery,” says SmithRx Founder & CEO Jake Frenz. “Innovation has lagged in the PBM sector, and our team is dedicated to accelerating change.”
SmithRx administers and manages pharmacy benefits for B2B customers so they may provide a seamless experience for employees purchasing prescription drugs. Each year, nearly half a trillion dollars flow through pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), with three large companies controlling 81%+ market share. SmithRx offers a new path forward that aligns incentives and harnesses data analytics to deliver an exceptional pharmacy benefit product.
The company brings together experience at from healthcare companies including Anthem, Humana, Collective Health, Castlight Health, and CVS Caremark, as well as a broader set of technology leaders including LinkedIn, Upwork, and Glassdoor to solve what we believe is one of the largest—yet least-recognized—problems in the healthcare industry.
Associate/Senior Associate, Pricing Analytics & Strategy
The Associate/Senior Associate, Pricing Analytics & Strategy will work cross-functionally to support SmithRx’s end-to-end pricing strategy and solve business needs with an analytical approach. S/he will support customer contract performance evaluation (retail, mail, and specialty economics in addition to supplemental SmithRx cost-savings initiatives), forecasting, and other financial modeling to ensure strong partnerships internally and externally. Our goal is to pave the path for a robust, meaningful, and cost-effective product offering for our clients and members alike.
- Manage contractual obligations with customers, ensuring we achieve excellent drug pricing & significant cost-savings on other proprietary cost-savings programs
- Ability to query & manipulate claims data in SQL, analyze it in Excel, and generate reports, data visualization aids, and insights is critical to this function
- Weigh in on pricing model assumptions and assist in identifying trends and opportunities to enhance the SmithRx pricing strategy
- Work alongside Customer Success team in addressing day-to-day client inquiries regarding customer pricing
- Support Finance & Accounting teams in the customer invoicing process
- Collaborate with Sales team to support all pricing activities necessary to renew our clients and grow new business
- Collaborate with Partnerships to identify opportunities for innovative and unique client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Robust analytical skills, ability to think critically about data and the stories they tell
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced skill in SQL (preferably MySQL and/or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with data visualization software, such as Tableau
- Strong communication skills via meetings and written correspondence
- Self-starter mentality: ability to make informed decisions, find creative approaches to difficult challenges, and deliver on commitments
- Execution-focused ethos – you are a solutions-oriented problem solver and efficiency driven
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to respond under the pressure of a fast-paced technology company
- Healthcare and/or pharmacy experience preferred, but not required