Projects include, but are not limited to:
- Perform quantitative analysis on trading risks and P&L data
- Develop risk analysis tools and visualization dashboards
- Review Machine Learning models applied to process automation or market data analytics
- Design framework for study of ESG factors and Financial Risks
- Support technical solutions for digitizing risk management processes
Program Benefits include:
- One week of product, professional development, Culture & Conduct training, and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) events
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with Senior Management
- Ongoing networking and development opportunities inside and outside of your assigned team
- A Mentorship Program, further integrating you into the SG community
- Option to shadow members of various teams across the bank
- Collaboration among fellow interns
- Opportunity to attend events hosted by our Employee Resource Groups, champions of our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
Société Générale is looking for individuals who highly value:
- Academic accomplishments
- Interest in financial markets and analyzing various businesses and industries
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Adaptability, innovative thinking, energy, and enthusiasm
- The opportunity to experience varied work environments
- Commitment to building meaningful professional relationships in the financial sector
Preferred Majors: Finance, Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Science
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) provides highly motivated individuals with the opportunity to build exceptional careers within the finance industry. Our Summer Analyst Program offers an opportunity to work within the independent risk management division (RISQ) of Société Générale. RISQ acts as a second line-of-defense function to both partner and effectively challenge the business lines to make the best risk management decisions for the firm, and to collaborate with all stakeholders to become a best-in-class risk management department. This will provide a knowledge of banking, our businesses, and culture that will enable you to succeed in this innovative sector that provides expansive opportunities; it is also the main pipeline into our Full-Time Analyst Program.
The 10-week (June – August) program includes a Firmwide orientation to Société Generale’s businesses, followed by formal classroom training on our business. The Summer Analyst Program will enable you to benefit from ongoing networking and development opportunities inside and outside your assigned team.
You will work closely with one of the following teams: Market Risk (the MRF team oversees market risk related business activity across different asset classes such as Equity, Credit and Fixed Income); Metrics Monitoring Group (MMG monitors, in collaboration with the front office, the business activity including the review of Profit & Loss (P&L), risk analysis and exposure follow-up for different trading desks); Hedge Funds, Prime & CCPs (the HPC team oversees counterparty credit risk for these specific counterparty types); and Model Risk (several teams work on the independent review and validation of models (e.g. credit, market, liquidity) or the development of market risk models).
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.