Collects and analyzes financial and utilization information to support the department.
- Performs statistical, cost, and financial analysis of data from various accounting and information systems to prepare financial statements and /or variance analysis.
- Analyzes financial data and extracts, defines, and interprets for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project financial probability.
- Prepares variance analyses and investigates reasons for major variances across large scale categories (i.e., revenue, volume, labor, supplies). Prepares reconciliations of data and or accounts. Performs overall reasonableness tests and other procedures necessary to verify data integrity.
- Collaborates with departments and senior analysts to oversee the detailed planning process, ensuring that the results support the five year plan and the goals and objectives of SHH. Provides budget reports for management review.
- Assists with the collection data, review of reporting and development of opportunities related to operational benchmarking.
- Prepares financial statements for forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
- Collects and analyzes financial information to determine costs of business activities to project budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures.
- Works collaboratively with Information Services (IS) to research and coordinate the implementation of computer enhancements, such as contract management software.
- Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Accounting, Finance, or Business, Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field
- Preferred Master’s Degree Business or Finance
- 2 years of relevant experience finance, accounting, or related work Required