SS&C ALPS is a leading Registered Fund Services provider in the financial services industry. Founded in 1985, Denver-based SS&C ALPS, with offices in Boston, Dallas, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto also delivers asset management and asset servicing solutions through ALPS Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SS&C Technologies, Inc.
Financial Reporting Associates analyze trial balances and holdings data to produce and/or review semi-annual and annual financial statements, quarterly holdings reports and other required regulatory filings. The Financial Reporting Associate is required to use their knowledge and experience to assess and interpret financial information in order to ensure reports meet regulatory reporting standards. They are assigned as the primary internal contact for allocated funds and also assist with providing information to independent auditors as it relates to the annual financial statements.
- Prepare accurate and complete shareholder reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual) for assigned Funds, including related footnote disclosures, utilizing information received from a variety of sources.
- Prepare regulatory reports such as Form 24f-2, Form N-1A, Form N-Q and Form N-SAR in compliance with regulations and ensure consistency among filings so filings are free of material misstatements.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the inter-relationship of the annual reports and the regulatory report requirements, including making determinations as to the correct accounting guidance to follow in areas of uncertainty.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly holdings reports to ensure accuracy of reporting and presentation in accordance with industry guidance and ALPS standards. Validate schedules and reconciliations received to support the holdings information and disclosures.
- Analyze and calculate post adjusting journal entries for Fund trial balances.
- Prepare and maintain all supporting documentation and back-up for Shareholder Reports and SEC Filings for assigned Funds. Determine the appropriate support required based on the disclosures presented and the Filing.
- Provide on-going communication with the management team and follow up as assigned to ensure appropriate actions are taken
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of work-related experience or 4 years equivalent work-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of experience in mutual fund accounting or administration, or equivalent experience preferred
- General knowledge and understanding of legal, regulatory and accounting principles which directly affect the mutual fund industry and their clients
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, to work independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to work well in and contribute to a team environment.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)