Who we are looking for
State Street Alpha, the industry’s first and only Front-to-Back Platform, gives clients access to the complete investment lifecycle with the power of choice. By streamlining and improving their day-to-day operations through a single open platform, clients are free to focus on innovation and growth.
State Street Alpha enables State Street to be our clients’ essential partner for implementing their business strategy and delivering market leading capabilities and scale for their front-to-back investment platform. Alpha Platform Management team is recruiting for an exciting new role to develop and deliver transformative product and business strategy that is aligned to the vision of our State Street Alpha Platform. We are seeking a business analyst who will be responsible for analysis of current front-to-back business processes and technologies with a goal of identifying and recommending transformative change, driving greater business efficiencies and control.
The successful candidate will work across organizations at State Street to collect and analyze metrics, document current and future state flows, document new recommendations and assist with roll-out of new processes and technology.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Business Analyst you will
- Support Alpha Transformation initiatives through detailed requirements analysis
- Gathering of business/system requirements by facilitating user/client meetings, interviewing users and other subject matter experts
- Work directly with Clients, IT and Management to deliver analysis on transformative projects
- Work with our business partners, perform/lead initial analysis of the request and provide assessment and gather estimation of the effort
- Identify, compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs.
- Support ongoing project management- including progress monitoring, reporting and quality assurance throughout the project
- Document business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework.
- Acts as a liaison between users/client, developers, testers, and implementation specialists.
- Participate in special projects, e.g., conducting research, collecting and providing requested data, etc.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong knowledge of State Street organizational constructs and teams required.
- Strong communication (Verbal and Written), analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to influence and work collaboratively across multiple organizations to reach common goals.
- Familiar with Agile Methodology and tools.
- Experience with Business Process Management (BPM) concepts and tools (Kryon+ARIS).
- Strong Experience with Microsoft Office tools Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is required.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum BS/BA degree in Technology, Finance, Business or Equivalent. 5-7 Years industry experience with Front, Middle and Back Office Functionality.
- Minimum 5-7 experience in Corporate Action experience in the Middle or Back Office operations groups.