Stax Inc. is expanding our talented team of Senior Associates. We are seeking individuals with a passion for learning and the desire to tackle the most challenging issues businesses face today. Senior Associates play a vital role within the organization and are presented with tremendous opportunities for professional development and personal growth. The Senior Associate position at Stax is never dull. If you have a bias for action, an affinity for ideas and a drive to provide results, you will thrive in this role.
During your time at Stax, you’ll consistently face intellectually challenging projects with clients that range from Fortune 500 companies to the largest LBO firms globally. Working across a wide spectrum of industries on short-term engagements designed to last 4-12 weeks, you’ll gain new hand-on experiences with each project you encounter.
You’ll also have incredible opportunities to build your consulting career. Our staff works side by side with—and learns from—some of the smartest people in the business. Our entrepreneurial approach to work and broad client base creates immediate opportunities for client exposure, providing enormous potential for career progression. Senior Associates work directly with all levels of the firm on a daily basis to diagnose our clients’ most pressing issues while identifying new opportunities for value creation and accelerating growth.
Life at Stax is unique – our goal is to empower and challenge employees, while supporting a reasonable work/life balance. No question: you’ll work hard. However, unlike other firms where you might uproot your life for weeks or months at a time, our team spends far less time on the road. As such, creating time for professional and personal development, allowing great people and teams to grow as well as get involved in our communities.
At Stax, we have a clear mission: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. From such diversity and inclusion comes our unique innovation and actionable insights.
- High-profile engagements with Fortune 500s and largest private equity firms globally.
- Solve real-world problems quickly, using data and insights to create actionable recommendations within 4−12 weeks.
- Unparalleled immersive learning opportunities in a fast pace environment
- Direct client engagement with unrivaled exposure to different methodologies, perspectives and situations stemming from an array of project types across sectors.
- Team-based, collaborative philosophy creates opportunities for all to contribute and have direct impacts on the client’s success as well as the firm’s.
- Unmatched opportunities for personal growth and career development based on the merits of your work.
- Smarter, more strategic approach to generating higher value outcomes in shorter time periods.
- Good people who genuinely care about the firm’s success and are consistently exploring ways to improve and build upon its accomplishments.
Competitive compensation that rewards strong performance and solid career development through mentorship and coaching opportunities. In addition, we offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family, 401(k) savings plan with company matching, 3 weeks of vacation, life and disability insurance, generous parental leave, pre-tax transit benefits, mobile phone stipend, wellness reimbursement, charitable gift matching, and more.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll be a critical member of a project team helping to address our clients’ key questions and develop actionable solutions. In many cases, you will be managing a small team of research associates. Each project presents unique challenges, and from the outset you’ll be involved in problem solving, research, analysis and findings presentation. You’ll not only be responsible for quality research, but will also be encouraged and expected to develop strategic implications and conclusions, strengthening the broader team.
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Collect and analyze data from a variety of primary and secondary sources and effectively communicate your findings and insights to the project team in verbal and written form.
- Contribute to business analysis including but not limited to market sizing, forecasting growth and driver analysis and structure those analyses.
- Collaborate with project team members to share and further develop your insights and develop analytics that will feed into the final recommendations and presentations we make to our clients.
- Contribute to client deliverables and client conversations, sharing analysis and results in combination with the broader team with senior-level executives at Fortune 500 firms and top-tier LBOs.
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated academic excellence, ideally in a discipline such as business, economics, engineering, marketing, or math.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience preferably in consulting, strategic planning/corporate strategy group, private equity/venture capital firm or other related fields.
- Proven ability to generate insights, draw meaningful conclusions and implications from data.
- Strong interest in strategy consulting, with an understanding of business dynamics based on work experience, internships, or coursework.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through participation in teams/clubs/organizations/associations, whether extracurricular or professional.
- Detail oriented, self-starter with an intellectual curiosity and teamwork capabilities.
- Excellent critical thinking, understanding of business research and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).