Become an integral member of a Debt Capital Markets (“DCM”) Origination team, as an Analyst supporting more senior colleagues in the origination and execution of public corporate fixed income offerings.
This DCM team focuses on investment grade fixed income origination for North American corporates across the Technology, Media, and Telecom (“TMT”) sectors. We originate, structure, and place corporate fixed income product across all major currencies. DCM is a dynamic role that sits in between Sales & Trading and Corporate Finance, blending elements of both markets and banking.
- Track, compile and distribute new TMT debt issuance information.
- Prepare and distribute market commentary and economic updates on a daily and weekly basis.
- Prepare and distribute indicative pricing information for clients on a weekly basis
- Generate and maintain client presentations and assist with special ad-hoc projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Liaise with traders to obtain pricing information in secondary markets.
- Provide appropriate support of on-going client dialogue and marketing efforts.
- Undertake research and analytics related to sectors or products, and stay abreast of current market conditions.
- Provide ad hoc reports for management.
- Quick learner. Works well in a culturally diverse and team-oriented environment. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors. Desire to learn and grow in the area of corporate finance and financial markets.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and relaibility, with an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
- Highly collaborative and flexible in a team and client environment with ability to form good relationships internally and externally. Able to coordinate and communicate with various internal departments across the bank, including colleagues in different regions globally.
- Ability to organize thoughts and clearly articulate points and provide summaries and explanations of transactions, orally or in writing to management or other internal departments.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Prior DCM experience, prior banking experience, or Bloomberg terminal experience preferred, but not required.
- Impeccable attitude and work ethic, with the desire to be positive, collaborative, and supportive to more senior originators.
- Candidate must be able to work full-time hours, typically 10+ hours every weekday. During busy periods, extended hours and occasional weekend work may be required.
- Work Experience:
- 0 to 2years of comparable or relevant experience~1 year of work experience preferred, but not required Education:
- Required:BA / BSPreferred:BA / BS (or equivalent experience)Finance/Economics/Business educational background preferred Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- 79 & 63 Series Certification strongly preferred Language Skills:
Business fluency in the following language(s):English
Share on your newsfeed
SMBC’s employees participate in a hybrid workforce model that provides employees with an opportunity to work from home, as well as, from an SMBC office. SMBC requires that employees live within a reasonable commuting distance of their office location. Prospective candidates will learn more about their specific hybrid work schedule during their interview process.
SMBC Group is a top-tier global financial group. Headquartered in Tokyo and with a 400-year history, SMBC Group offers a diverse range of financial services, including banking, leasing, securities, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Group has more than 130 offices and 80,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG) is the holding company of SMBC Group, which is one of the three largest banking groups in Japan. SMFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: SMFG) stock exchanges.
In the Americas, SMBC Group has a presence in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. Backed by the capital strength of SMBC Group and the value of its relationships in Asia, the Group offers a range of commercial and investment banking services to its corporate, institutional, and municipal clients. It connects a diverse client base to local markets and the organization’s extensive global network. The Group’s operating companies in the Americas include Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. (SMBC), SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SMBC Capital Markets, Inc., SMBC Rail Services LLC, Manufacturers Bank, JRI America, Inc., SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc., Banco Sumitomo Mitsui Brasileiro S.A., and Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co., Ltd.
SMBC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability