Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2022 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August/September) or into early Fall 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
The role of the Residential Energy Customer Insights team is to lead customer research and distill actionable insights. We empower operations and software teams with quality insights to make meaningful improvements to the Residential Energy experience for our customers.
We conduct customer research through sources such as NPS, surveys, and customer interviews to deliver insights to product management, customer operations, field operations, sales, and other groups. As the voice of the customer, it is our responsibility to partner with other teams to drive new initiatives addressing customer pain points, while maintaining balance with larger business objectives.
As a key member of the Customer Insights team, you can expect to learn and utilize user research methodologies including design thinking to empathize with our customers, define problems, ideate solutions with cross-functional teams, and execute prioritized solutions by serving as a project manager between business and software.
You should be a self-starter who is excited to problem-solve and is comfortable analyzing data, formulating actionable insights, and leading conversations with groups to drive initiatives.
- Analyzing NPS and customer research to empower teams to improve our customer’s experience
- Conducting user research both qualitative and quantitative
- Synthesizing insights into actionable initiatives for teams
- Being the voice of the customer
- Improving online reviews and social media monitoring
- Partnering with other teams to project manage new initiatives for bettering customer experience
- Currently pursuing a MBA, MS, or strong bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, statistics or other analytical areas
- Demonstrated and extensive analytical skills
- Ability to clearly distill actionable insights and support hypothesis with data
- Ability to project manage across cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to understand people, their problems and to help solve them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SQL, Tableau, and/or advanced MSExcel modeling (preferred)
- Passion for solar and sustainable energy (preferred)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).