Disney Streaming is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) group. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the Disney+ SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Growth Marketing team within Disney Streaming focuses on the core task of driving subscriber acquisition growth. We leverage data, consumer insights and a powerful set of technologies to effectively and efficiently connect with sports and entertainment fans to provide the highest quality streaming experiences.
DSS Marketing is seeking a Sr. Manager, Marketing Growth Strategy to support our team’s rapid growth and help foster and expand the data driven marketing capabilities within Disney.
This role will provide direct support for mobilizing key initiatives and assisting with surfacing performance insights to company leadership on behalf of the SVP of Growth Marketing. This will entail analysis of performance data and conversion events and working fluidly with and throughout the Growth Marketing department, particularly the department leaders
The right person has strong attention to detail, is comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders across the enterprise, can drive pieces of business critical-initiatives that span multiple teams, can manage projects ranging from strategic planning to operational process design, can identify metrics-driven insights, likes to solve problems, is intellectually curious, and a self-starter.
Preferred candidates will bring significant experience in digital marketing strategy, plan generation, forecasting, consulting, and execution. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated leadership managing complex marketing projects and possess deep familiarity with digital media channels.
Strong presentation, communication, and analytics skills are a must and candidate will be expected to present examples. Demonstrable project management skills with a proven track record of delivering complex marketing projects with strong results are also a must.
- Execution of Marketing-related assignments; ability to draft integrated plans, strategies, forecasts
- Play an active role in business planning to ensure marketing programs are positioned for success
- Track key initiatives and content drops to monthly and quarterly KPIs, help identify campaign performance success and optimize future planning efforts to improve customer lifetime value
- Partner closely with Business Operations, Finance, Analytics, and broader Marketing organization (e.g., Brand & Content, Paid Media, Lifecycle, Product, Creative)
- Flexible in dealing with dynamic environments and ambiguity
- Heavy development of presentations, proposals, reports and plans
- Provides project oversight, project process and reporting on marketing progress
- Has a critical eye for quality of work and is confident to challenge cross-team deliverables
- Helps to quantify value of marketing initiatives in terms of return and cost to the organization
- Assists in the prioritization and management of the Marketing department’s project pipeline
- This is an individual contributor role where occasional weekend support may be required if needed
- 7-10 years of experience; preferably in strategy, digital marketing, and/or consulting
- Presentation and communication skills – an expert in conveying complex concepts through words and visuals to be consumed by broad audiences in PowerPoint, Google Slides, Word; Excel wizard
- Analysis and reporting of data from a marketing and business point of view; able to synthesize stories across diverse teams
- Appreciation, understanding and experience navigating complex technical organizations and evangelizing the impact of marketing practices
- Project prioritization and management skills
- Track record of success growing consumer-facing digital products or services
- Ability to “look around the corner” and identify key trends and value drivers
- True collaborator, relationship-builder, mentor and can manage in a highly matrixed environment
- Entrepreneurial, creative, persuasive
- MBA preferred