Support spend management and sourcing activities for all spend areas in achieving the goal of on-going cost reduction and containment by conducting analyses on spend data, researching trends in relevant supply markets, researching suppliers and supporting preparation and analyses for all strategic sourcing events. Position will work closely with all members of the Strategic Sourcing organization in conducting research on markets, price benchmarks, supplier profiles and other analytical work.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits and skills:
- Excellent with numbers
- Ability to synthesize data when performing analyses
- Comfortable leveraging Enterprise Software Solutions (inputting/extracting data)
- Strong written and verbal skills
Analytical skills, business acumen, and the ability to work with analytical tools (e.g., Excel) are also critical.
*Please note this is a co-op role with an expected duration of January – May/June 2022.
- Conduct analysis in Excel and other tools to support procurement activities including spend analytics, budget analysis, bid analysis, etc.
- Leverage spend analytics to identify consolidation opportunities; understand total cost of ownership and cost drivers, analyze product/service specifications to identify rationalization opportunities; analyze demand and spend to identify patterns and reduction opportunities
- Analyze market intelligence to build business cases and cost models to identify and quantify improvement opportunities for both sourcing and non- sourcing – e.g., demand management, process improvements, insource vs. outsource, etc.
- Updating and leveraging data within multiple enterprise software solutions to support business objectives.
Assist Category Managers in supplier profile maintenance