- The Vertex MBA Summer Associate Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and “we are fearless” is in everything we do. Each summer, top MBA candidates from business schools around the world find all this and more through our MBA Internship program – a 12-week opportunity designed to provide hands-on work experience in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- To qualify for our MBA Summer Associate program, candidates should be enrolled in an accredited business school program and have four to six years of work experience prior to their MBA program. Functional areas in which we typically have opportunities for our MBA Internships include:
- Business Information & Commercial Operations
- Global Marketing (Cystic Fibrosis and Pipeline)
- Guidance & Patient Support (GPS)
- Health Economics & Outcomes Research
- Innovation & Digital Strategy
- Managed Markets
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- New Product Planning
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- US Marketing
- Corporate Finance
- Tax, Treasury & Insurance
Please note in your cover letter the functional areas of most interest.
- Exposure to challenging, business-critical projects
- Opportunities for networking and professional development sessions throughout the summer
- Experience presenting project findings to senior management
- Attendance at career development panels and “Lunch and Learn” speaker series
- Our MBA Summer Associate program is a talent pipeline for full-time opportunities. High-performing MBA candidates are typically offered full-time opportunities upon completion of their MBA program.
- Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
- Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.