The Vertex Summer Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and “we are fearless” is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their summer project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams through a series of Professional Development Workshops.
Be FEARLESS… Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
We will have various positions within our functional areas, including but not limited to:
- Accounting: responsible for accounts payable, payroll, equity, reporting, general ledger, and project accounting.
- Corporate Communications: internal and external communications teams, manage internal and external communications across several high-visibility functional departments.
- Corporate Legal: ensures that Vertex’s high ethical standards and integrity are at the core of everything we do. Actively identify, prevent, and mitigate risk through a program that addresses compliance through a broad variety of laws, regulations, and standards.
- Finance: works collaboratively with Function and Program Finance to prepare projected consolidated financial statements, companywide financial planning and analysis, presentation, and decision support materials
- Human Resources: supports Vertex’s business strategy and objectives by providing tools, solutions, and innovative thinking in HR information systems, learning and development, strategic staffing, employee relations, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and business solutions.
- Internal Audit: assists in assessing the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies, and the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations
- Marketing: lead the strategic development and execution of marketing and advertising materials for our medicines.
- Office of Business Integrity and Ethics :supports the business to maintain the highest standards of legal and ethical conduct.
- Strategic Sourcing: responsible for processing requisitions and purchase orders for the Company. They also negotiate contracts and ensure that Vertex is earning discounts where possible.
- Tax, Treasury, and Insurance: responsible for filing Vertex’s corporate tax returns and engaging in tax and other planning activities. This group also performs cash planning.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating in Spring 2022
Program Dates: May/June – August 2022
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.