As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Interview Super Weeks: 1/3/2022 thru 1/14/2022
Please Note: By applying to this position, a future full-time conversion role may be based in the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; New York City; Ashburn, VA; & possibly Atlanta, GA.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) is looking for driven MBA interns to join and support the team on strategic client consulting engagements.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous business experience.
Typical projects may include:
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution optimize their product offering?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
- Pursuing a MBA, graduating December 2022 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Strategy, consulting, and/or payment experience preferred
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, translating findings into actionable recommendations
- Exemplifies Visa’s Leadership principles: leading by example, open communication, excelling with partners, collaboration, enabling and inspiring
- Interests in payments, financial institutions, merchants, acquirers or processors
- Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet and presentation tools
- Excellent client-facing communication, story-telling and presentation skills with ability to articulate findings in action-driven recommendations
- Ability to form hypotheses on client issue root causes and validate thinking quickly using data
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Strong intellectual curiosity to understand the root cause of issues and how to drive value for clients
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
Location: Determined by hiring team: Foster City (Bay area), Ashburn, VA (DC area) and NYC.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Limited to No travel during summer internship.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
EEOC: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.