As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Global Brand & Marketing (B&M) Strategy & Planning team plays a key role in shaping Visa’s global marketing strategy, annual planning process and delivering strategy marketing support to the global and regional B&M teams. Additionally, the team leads the Strategy & Operations for Visa’s Global Marketing Services business, a revenue-driving client service business. The team partners with marketing teams and business leaders across Visa’s global organization. The team is also responsible for identifying and driving operational improvements to functional processes. The position will be based at Visa’s San Francisco’s offices (“One Market”).
We are looking for a highly motivated Intern to join our team and develop skills across multiple focus areas related to strategic planning. This rotation will focus on building our global annual operating plan and related work streams, including budgeting, strategic prioritization and functional goal setting. This role will allow the incumbent to gain invaluable experience and exposure across the entire B&M function, including a variety of leaders within the Visa organization.
Below are examples of the diverse set of projects that may be included in the scope of this role:
- Support reporting and strategic analysis of regional/market/global team investment data for key priorities
- Conduct deep dive and ad-hoc analysis and business case development to secure investment
- Facilitate sharing and cross-team collaboration efforts, across teams (e.g., All Hands, Monthly Meetings etc.)
- Assist in the development of the FY23 Annual Operating Plan for the Global B&M function
- Support development of planning templates, including soliciting feedback, and operationalizing across teams
- Manage bi-weekly agenda, recap notes and key actions for Strategy and Planning and Finance Leads meetings
- Global and Regional Brand & Marketing Strategy and Planning Leads
- Global and Regional Finance Business Partners
- Visa Inc. Business Planning and Operations Team
- Work sample: Please provide at time of application. This should be a sample of your individual work, whether from a prior employer or school assignment. Our goal is to gain an understanding of your work approach/style.
- Pursuing an MBA with a focus in Marketing/Strategy, or a related field, graduating December 2022 or beyond
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong communications skills, both written and spoken, that demonstrate strong professional judgment
- 3-5 years of experience (prior to MBA) in Consumer Product Goods, Technology, Consulting, or Financial Services that demonstrates interest in Marketing/Strategy
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Teams; you’re comfortable managing spreadsheets, devising formulas, and performing data analysis, while also building Executive presentations
- Project management experience with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to present with impact to various stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in fast paced and matrixed environment, juggling multiple projects
- Demonstrates track record of developing leadership skills through academic or extra-curricular activities
- Innovative and curious, positive, and proactive – always looking for ways to do things better and add value
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 0% of the time.
Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.