Private Equity Analyst Program
Our Private Equity Analyst Program provides you with immersive training and hands-on experience to develop valuation, due diligence and deal execution skills, as well as the best practices of portfolio company management. Working with investment professionals of all levels, you will learn from the ground-up how a sector-specific private equity investor identifies, evaluates, and executes on new opportunities. Simultaneously, exposure to portfolio company management teams will strengthen your c-suite business acumen and ability to identify operational improvement initiatives. With combined aspects of M&A investment banking and consulting operational focus, you will deepen your abilities as a successful private equity investor.
Our 2–3 year program not only offers an entry-level position into the private equity industry, but a jumpstart to your career within a top tier private equity firm with opportunities to advance.
Upon submission of your application, you will automatically receive a link to an online assessment. For your application to be considered, you must complete this assessment by the application deadline.
- Evaluate investment opportunities
- Research industry dynamics
- Analyze complex data sets to identify crucial financial and business information
- Support the execution of deals
Portfolio Management and Operations
- Assist in managing portfolio company reporting, oversight, and operations
- Help implement industry best practices (in partnership with management teams)
Internal Firm Operations
- Collaborate with Vista professionals to identify and research new investment opportunities
- Support the creation of new best practices
- 1-4 years of experience within a financial or professional services firm or group including consulting, accounting, wealth management, sales & trading, or other adjacent roles
- Bachelors degree
- Demonstrated track record of academic success and/or professional pursuits
- High degree of personal and professional maturity
- Demonstrated ability to internalize feedback and improve through coaching and training
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Exceptional work ethic and a deep sense of accountability
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Interest in financial markets and technology industry sectors and trends
- As a condition of employment, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. For purposes of this policy, “fully vaccinated” means two weeks after either (a) the single dose of a one-dose vaccine regimen, or (b) the second dose of a two-dose vaccine regimen. We will require that you provide proof of full vaccination prior to beginning your employment. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will consider a request for exemption from this policy for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs where reasonable accommodations are possible without imposing undue hardship, to the extent required by law.
About Vista Equity Partners
Vista is a leading global investment firm that invests exclusively in enterprise software, data and technology-enabled organizations across private equity, credit, public equity and permanent capital strategies. The firm brings an approach that prioritizes creating enduring market value for the benefit of its global ecosystem of investors, companies, customers and employees. Vista’s investments are anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions and proven, flexible management techniques that drive sustainable growth. Vista believes the transformative power of technology is the key to an even better future – a healthier planet, a smarter economy, a diverse and inclusive community and a broader path to prosperity. Further information is available at vistaequitypartners.com. Follow Vista on LinkedIn @Vista Equity Partners or Twitter @Vista_Equity.