The Data Science & Analytics team at Wellframe brings new and existing cutting-edge machine learning technologies to solve problems at the intersection of healthcare and technology. We work with large, multi-source datasets that include medical claims, mobile app, and care management data. Our mission is to gain 360-degree insights into patients’ lives both within and outside of the healthcare system, and to use these insights to build a better digital healthcare product that is tailored for specific patient populations.
We are seeking a data analyst to contribute to our ongoing business intelligence (BI) and external reporting efforts. This individual will work closely with the Product and Client Services and Operations teams to translate client needs into optimal quantitative metrics based on Wellframe’s data model and analytic capabilities. This will involve identifying gaps between existing and desired metrics, implementing best practices in scalable data reporting, collaboration with the Engineering team for data model change recommendations, development and communication of new reports to clients, and expertise with our business intelligence tool, Looker. This individual will become an expert in the Wellframe data model as it can be applied to client needs.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Design and build analytic data models that support client facing reports and answering questions from our internal teams.
- Identify gaps between current and ideal client reporting.
- Develop and communicate strong opinions about best practices when it comes to data warehouse design, data modeling and dashboard design.
- Translate client needs into quantitative standard reporting.
- Communicate data-driven insights to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Ensure reporting is accurate, reliable, secure, and scalable.
- Provide internal recommendations to engineering team for data model improvements
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 3-5+ years of experience in an analytics role with a client facing focus; experience in healthcare industry preferred.
- Experience building reports and dashboards using a data visualization tool (eg. Looker, Tableau, Qlik).
- Familiarity with the implementation process of a BI tool.
- Deep understanding of SQL in analytical data warehouses (eg. BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift).
- Experience with Git and the command line.
- Proficiency with basic statistics.
Behaviors & Traits Required:
- Passionate about data with the curiosity and self drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data.
- Incredible attention to detail with a high bar for quality and consistency.
- Strives to not make the same mistake twice
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.