Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence.
We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
The Internal Business Development Consultant 1, or IBDC, will report directly to the Internal Business Development Manager within the Business Development Group (BDG). The primary responsibility of the IBDC is working with Financial Advisors and Managers to drive growth and increased production within their books of business. The IBDC will work specifically with field management to drive the adoption of firm-wide initiatives and provide Financial Advisors proactive ideas and best practice solutions.
The IBDC will be responsible for:
- Providing in-depth knowledge of Wells Fargo Advisors resources, FA tools, industry trends, and key competitor initiatives to facilitate ideas that enhance FA productivity.
- Working closely with Branch and Regional Managers to promote the consultative process and enhance the FA/client relationship through our proprietary planning tool utilizing business development resources.
- Providing a dedicated support and resource center for Financial Advisors, facilitating a high level of practice management support and make daily, pro-active calls sharing productivity ideas.
- Supporting premier advisors and premier manager retention strategies and extend invitations to exclusive conference calls with senior management and targeted productivity calls based on business mix.
- Bringing a high degree of organization, service mentality, high energy and a positive attitude will be the key drivers of a successful internal business development consultant.
- Spending much of their day on the telephone with Financial Advisors
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business development or financial services consulting
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- 1+ year of brokerage industry experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of business development: business vision, strategies, and goals
- Knowledge and understanding of investment advisory
- Knowledge and understanding of portfolio management
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong telephone etiquette skills
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
- Registration for FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave – Saint Louis, MO
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.