Westmed Medical Group, a large, comprehensive medical group in Westchester and Fairfield County, is currently hiring a full-time Senior Financial Reporting & Planning Analyst supporting Workday and Adaptive Planning to join our team. Our office is located in Rye Brook, New York within Westchester County. We’re looking for a motivated individual experienced with financial planning, budgeting processes, as well as financial reporting to join our Finance team.
The Senior Financial Reporting & Planning Analyst will play the lead role in financial planning, report building and financial systems maintenance. They will meet with finance management regularly in order to best determine the needs for custom reports and dashboards. This role will also coordinate the budget, reforecast & variance analysis processes. Will play an administrative role in the maintenance of business processes, report performance, and chart of accounts for the ERP (Workday) and our budget process through Adaptive Planning.
What You’ll Do:
- Primary responsibility is to meet the Workday reporting needs of the Finance department (all functional areas including but not limited to Accounting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Budgeting, and Physician Compensation).
- Create custom reports utilizing the most efficient report type (Including but not limited to Advanced, Matrix, and Composite).
- Create and maintain calculated fields in order to develop reports and perform calculations to incorporate data that is not readily available through established data sources.
- Maintain Workday system for the Finance department by creating or modifying custom validations, account posting rules, business processes, ledger accounts, and spend categories.
- Create and maintain financial dashboards for executive leadership, finance team members and cost center managers, utilizing both tables and charts as the report output.
- Lead the adoption of financial process enhancements included in future Workday releases. Responsible for coordinating with all relevant stakeholders.
- Collaboratively work with the Workday team for security component of Workday Financials.
- Knowledge of accounting principles to assist in evaluating that amounts inputted by managers for budgeting purpose.
- Works directly with CFO and Finance Manager to develop strategic and logistical planning around the annual budget and quarterly reforecasting / variance analysis processes.
- Handle all high-level communication relating to the annual budget and quarterly reforecasting processes.
- Facilitate the annual budget and quarterly reforecasting processes by monitoring manager submissions and using judgement to determine if manager projections fall in line with the goals and expectations of upper management.
- Coordinate the quarterly variance analysis process to ensure that managers are leaving appropriate commentary on notable budget to actual variances.
- Conducting educational seminars on budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis for operational managers.
- Training, assisting, and educating managers with budgeting policies and procedures as well as overall financial goals of the company.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Understanding of accounting theory
- 2+ years accounting/budgeting experience
- 2+ years of reporting experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Knowledge of reporting & administrative functions with Workday/Adaptive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart” & “Nice”. Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
Westmed is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Westmed is committed to a long term, sustainable approach for safeguarding our environment to ensure that we are passing along a healthy planet to the next generation. Our company is dedicated to protecting the quality of the environment in which we all share.