To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values – integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Financial Data Analyst is responsible for collecting and organizing data and using that information to solve problems and support initiatives. Researches, accumulates and evaluates all pertinent operational and financial data regarding assigned initiatives. Effectively mines and organizes data with the purpose of finding meaningful patterns and trends hidden throughout the raw data. Excellent communication skills needed across a variety of mediums, including written, verbal and specialty visualization software.
- 1. Works directly with members of the operational leadership teams and senior leadership to assist with data mining and organizing of data to solve problems and support initiatives.
- 2. Customize queries and work with large data sets extracting extremely detailed data from relational data bases. Analyze, model and interpret data in a way that is helpful to operational managers and senior leaders.
- 3. Prepares data, reports, analyses and presentations utilizing all Microsoft Office Software products including Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and other visualization software. Seeks out other forms of presentation tools available to enhance delivery, making more effective and impactful presentations.
- 4. Researches, accumulates and evaluates all pertinent operational and financial data regarding assigned initiatives. Develops financial summary with operating and management personnel for review and evaluation by executive leaders.
- 5. Effectively mines and organizes data with the purpose of finding meaningful patterns and trends hidden throughout the raw data.
- 6. Communicates and collaborates with operational managers and systems analysts to investigate, conduct research and help develop solutions for work flow and /or systems issues. Provides relevant information necessary for evaluating metrics, making decisions, tracking costs and identifying of risks.
- 7. Researches, accumulates and evaluates all pertinent operational and financial data regarding assigned initiatives and activities to ensure strategic goals are achieved.
- 8. Supports projects by effectively providing necessary data and potential resolutions to ensure timelines are met.
- 9. Ensures issues are clearly presented and options framed appropriately in order to prompt recommendations so a course for resolution is established.
- 10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 11. Communication
- 11.1 Interacts and interfaces closely with the operational managers, senior leadership, ITS, clinical departments and vendor representatives.
- 12. Teamwork
- 12.1 Works as an effective member of the organization, department and project teams facilitating open communication and issue resolution.
Bachelor?s degree in Data Analytics, Finance, Healthcare Management or related field of study is required.
At least three years? experience working as accountant, data analyst or financial analyst with heavy emphasis on translating financial data into useful information necessary for business decisions. Familiarity with coding languages and specialized software programs (SQL, Tableau, Python or R, SAS) preferably in healthcare or related financial management is preferred.
Coding languages and specialized software programs (SQL, Tableau, Python or R, SAS) as well as advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Publisher and other Data Visualization software a plus. Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to work from own initiative, and to work with minimal guidance. Proactive, self-driven approach, analytical thinking, attention to detail and problem solving abilities. Excellent organizational skills. Able to manage multiple priorities and follow through delivery of work without step by step instructions. Demonstrated ability to work with tight deadlines and high pressurized environments
Must have the ability to travel to various sites across the health system.