Mug of tea on a blanket
Cozy Career Strategies for a Snow Day | Sana Ijaz, MBA’25

As we continue to face another snowy New England semester, Sana Ijaz, MBA’25, unveils her plan for turning a wintry day into a productive day while not giving up on the coziness. 

Cozy Career Strategies for a Snow Day

As an international student, the arrival of my first snow day was an exciting experience. While the prospect of continuously witnessing the transformation of my surroundings into a snowy landscape is undoubtedly captivating, I am equally focused on utilizing this time productively for my career. Afterall, it is about the small steps you make towards your goal. 

– Sana

Update my resume and LinkedIn profile

I always prioritize maintaining the currency of my resume and LinkedIn profile. For example, I recently completed both a DataCamp course and a course project that aligned with my career goals, so I will be adding them to my LinkedIn profile. I am also planning to refine my ‘about’ section to effectively communicate my evolving professional journey.

Thinking of doing the same? Check out the LinkedIn Guide by the LinkedIn Guys and the CSE Resume Master | Templates, Guides and Resources

Research potential employers

I’ll dedicate time to research potential employers for internships on LinkedIn. By networking with professionals in these companies (and connecting with them on LinkedIn), I aim to understand valued skills and qualities. This will help me position myself as an informed and strategic candidate ready to contribute meaningfully.

Brush-up on my interview skills

I am also planning to enhance my interview skills by dedicating time to practice common interview questions and for this, BigInterview is my best friend.

Paying attention to your responses, refining your communication style, and focusing on conveying your strengths and experiences effectively sets you apart in interviews.

Reflect on my achievements and challenges

Finding an internship/job can often lead to a mental strain. Taking some time to reflect on your academic and professional achievements, as well as any challenges you’ve overcome is always a good idea. This self-reflection can be valuable in preparing for future interviews or networking conversations.

Finally, no matter how you choose to spend your day, prioritize a moment of self-indulgence with a snug blanket and a steaming cup of hot chocolate – I know I will!

By Sana Ijaz
Sana Ijaz CSE Career Captain